Monday, March 1, 2010

60 - today's bottle feeding: FAIL

So, we've decided to start the weaning process with Eli. For various reasons, it's time. He will be 6 months old in 8 days, can't believe it! Anyway, today, I prepared a bottle, as we were going to be running some errands and I thought well, let's go ahead and try to drop a middle of the day feeding. We were up at my old work place when I pulled out the bottle. Here I was holding a squirming baby in my lap who is looking at me like I'm crazy, trying to give him this formula stuff when the "real stuff" was RIGHT THERE. Two of my former co-workers tried to give him the bottle, but he just wouldn't have it. Probably didn't help that I used a nipple we have not been using - I thought we would try the bigger bottle and didn't know if the nipple we HAD been using would fit. It was also not warm. He takes bottles all the time, from Doug, or my mom when she is watching him. So we know he can do it. This is going to be the new challenge, getting him to consistently take a bottle from ME. Figuring out this new feeding thing - including new solid foods - is more challenging than I thought it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment