Monday, March 22, 2010

79 - Dave's Big 4-0

My big brother David turned 40 this month. We had him come into town this past weekend, and celebrated his birthday with our family and our cousins. Laura made him the cutest cake - David loves going out on his boat, and loves his dog Mindy just as much. Laura found a dog figurine and painted it black with the white 'swoosh' mark on it's chest, just like the real Mindy. She placed the dog on the front of the little speedboat cake. Check it out -

There was even a propeller on the back. She used his birthdate as the license number on the other side.


Eli had a special bib on just for Uncle Dave. I accidently picked the picture with David's eyes closed, sorry Dave.


Close up of the bib - it says, "Uncle David is 40! I don't know what that means but it sounds old."
Everyone also brought a bag of 40 "somethings" to give him. I gave him 40 candy kisses for/from his future wife. My sister gave him fish hooks, so he can catch "the one," and some other fun things like that. My cousin almost gave him a list of 40 single women's names and numbers, but his wife told him that would be too mean! It was a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment