Tuesday, March 23, 2010

82 - a tisket, a tasket, here is Eli's basket

We had these cute little hand-made Easter baskets growing up; a neighbor down the street made them for my brother, sister and myself. I don't remember a time not having the basket, but also don't know exactly when we stopped using them. At some point, the Easter bunny starting leaving a big Kegg's chocolate egg for us by our breakfast plates. Here is a picture of my basket:

I thought it would be neat for E to have a basket too - I found these same kind of baskets at Michael's a couple of weeks ago, and had a fun time painting and decorating it.


Don't know if you can see the words or not, but I wrote "He Is Risen" on the three crosses on this side of the basket. Kind of hard to make an Easter basket "masculine," but I figured this one was ok. I guess I can't expect him to use it forever - he may see those kind that look like stuffed trucks in the store and want that instead - but this will do for the first few years I suppose. I know Easter is NOT all about the candy, which is why I included the crosses on his basket. But, it is a fun piece of Easter tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment