Wednesday, March 31, 2010

90 - My Favorite Day

Get ready, this post is chock full of pictures. Today was antiquing day! The first weekend in April and first weekend in October are reserved for going "antiquing" in the Round Top/Warrenton area. Vendors from all over come out and display their wares in tents, on tables, in old buildings, just everywhere. Doug and I LOVE going out there. Seriously. I've been going for years, and was delighted that Doug actually likes antiques too! I always feel like it's a treasure hunt, you never know what you are going to find. Half my house is decorated with stuff from these trips. One of the best parts of going out in April is seeing all of the beautiful wildflowers on the side of the road. Warrenton has a population of like 77, and is out in the country - it's a wonderful drive out there, with the pastures and small towns. The past 3 or 4 trips out there we have gone with our friends Becky and Josh (who also happens to be the pastor of our church). They love to go out to Warrenton as much as we do, so it's great to have them as our travel and shopping partners. Since the baby came with us this time, I made sure to bring our saddle and bucket from home for photo props for pics in the flowers. I took several pictures today, so here we go.....

The name of this building says it all! Look at all that stuff! Some people just see junk, I see possibilities.

I always see tons of things that would make great photo ops. I loved this little bicycle - but it was $650!!! It was a salesman sample. Whatever.

Doug thought this lamp would make a nice addition to our home. Since we don't live in a Frat House, I disagreed.

Made sure baby had plenty of protection from the sun.

A modest statue.....

Need any boots?

Or vintage ornaments?

Just thought these looked cool.

Josh and Becky, being agreeable to my photo op.

And now for some bluebonnets!

My little cowboy.

Baby in a Bucket

We stopped on the way home and took a few more pictures - we bought this fun apple box (original label from the 1950's) and thought it would be a cute picture. Thank goodness Baby E doesn't seem to mind being my model! I love this little critter so much it HURTS. Awesome day, can't wait for the October one!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad. I had a place picked out for the lamp in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous day! Loved all the pictures and hearing about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete