Friday, March 19, 2010

78 - more flowers

I just can't get enough of my flowers. I planted a few more in the front yard today. Found a new variety at Home Depot, threw out the card already and can't remember the name of them, but I do remember they are a hybrid of some sort and the name was kind of like "allegria." They're a great purple color.


Here's a picture of them from above. I think they will look great once they grow and spread out. Those little green leaves in front are the plumbago flowers that looked totally dead, but apparently are coming back to life this spring. I wonder how long it will take them to grow back out. I thought it might take a while, so planted the new flowers in back of them; once the plumbago gets going again, I think the two will look great together. Pretty blues and purples.

The Azaleas are starting to bloom. Azaleas are pretty flowers, but I wouldn't have chosen to have four bushes of them in my front yard (they were here when we bought the house). They only bloom for like a month, then are just green the rest of the year. When they do bloom, it is quite a show. Maybe I should go to the azalea trail this year, I've never done that. Would make for some fun pictures.

One more pic, these just make my heart smile! Love the varigated colors.

1 comment:

  1. oh so pretty! I do love the purple ones:o)I lost your blog address & just now found it on facebook! Adding it to my google reader NOW!

    ReplyDelete