Friday, January 22, 2010

pics for day 21 and 22 -Bible study and laughter
















Was feeling sick last night so didn't post! Time to catch up. Yesterday, went to Bible study, my first time to go to a Bible study on a WEEKDAY MORNING. Got there early to drop E off in the nursery. Since we have Bible study at a different church (cuz we don't have a church building yet), I didn't know the nursery workers. Of course they were very nice. And of course everything was very neat, clean looking. And of course when they said, "do you want a pager?" I said, "yes please." I had no idea the feelings I would have when I walked away to go upstairs to Bible study! I seriously almost had tears come to my eyes! I thought, "I'm THAT kind of Mom? the kind that cries when she leaves her kiddo? it can't be!" Well, I didn't actually cry. Just felt funny. I did well in the study, didn't even leave to go check on him. I know it's normal to feel this way. My head knows the baby will be just fine, but my emotions...that's a different story. I'm gonna cry when he goes to Kindergarten, aren't I. Probably for pre-school too. I totally "get it" now. Just means I'm normal I suppose! Oh, and it was totally great to be in a real, live Bible study. Didn't realize how parched I was for hearing God's word. Seriously. Watching and listening to Beth Moore - wow, that woman has a gift! God's words just flow through her and out of her mouth. It's amazing. I am so looking forward to learning again. Not just praying prayers of survival (as in, "help get through this day! help me deal with this crying baby!") but praying more indepth. Trying to figure out what God would have me do now in this new phase of my life. So, the pictures I'm posting with this entry have nothing to do with what I just wrote. Just fun pictures of my baby. Two are from yesterday so I am still technically meeting my goal of a picture a day. Wanted to try to capture how red his hair is in the back! The other ones - well, he was starting to laugh a little today. I would laugh, and he imitated me at least twice. I tried taking his picture. This is what E looks like kind of laughing when you are using the wrong shutter speed on your camera, and moving a lot with that wrong speed because you're laughing, and that baby is moving too because he's kind of laughing. In case you were wondering what that kind of picture would look like, look no further, here it is. That's it for tonight!

3 comments:

  1. You know, if my mom read that she'd gag. (She's never been a crier ;) But I think it's adorably sweet! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least you're putting him in the nursery. there are some mom's that i just cringe to hear them talk about how they are waiting until their kid is like 10 years old before going back to church in fear of them getting the flu. eli is going to be okay. you need the time away from him, and he needs the time away from you. it's healthy to get teary eyed. i got it too when i dropped brandon off at mdo for the first time, but do it. keep going back. you will be a better mom because of the break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and cute pictures of eli laughing by the way. made me giggle too!

    ReplyDelete