Sunday, January 31, 2010

pics for days 29, 30, and 31 - a Birthday Weekend

It's been a busy weekend - I have a lot of catching up to do since I posted last Thursday. Thought I would tell about the weekend in pictures (especially since I finally figured out how to add in my pictures, I had the "old editor" option selected. All fixed now).

On Friday, Doug came home and put my present on the table. Made me look at it all Fri night and Sat! Remember, I have no patience. Meanie. Actually, it was fun saving it for Sun morning.


Doug's parents came over on Saturday, so they could watch the baby while Doug and I had a real, live date. I love how Eli looks at books, so had to include this picture. Can't believe that Doug and I went to an early movie and then dinner. We were gone together, on a date, for 5 hours! And I only checked in on the baby once! It was great getting to spend some quality time with my hubby. And boy, did Eli have fun with his grandparents and cousins. The Fossens came over too for cake and to visit.

I love when family comes to vist and play with the baby. They're the only other people that don't mind listening to me drone on and on about Eli because they love him too! They have to, they're related. :)

My yellow cake with chocolate icing, compliments of my mother in law and Treebeard's cookbook.


You know you want a piece. It was as good as it looks.


On Sunday morning, had my favorite chocolate-filled doughnut and sausage and cheese kolache from Shipley's. Chocolate filled doughnuts are simply the best - but only Shipley's will do. I've tried other brands, and nothing compares. Did not take my blood sugar today, was hoping I was covered by the It's Your Birthday Day and You Do Want You Want clause.

My birthday card from Doug. Kind of gross, but really funny. Also got one from Eli that was "to Mother." The "Mother" part made me laugh. Not "mommy," but "Mother." It was a pretty card though.

Here I am with my little man, this morning before church. I love him so much!

Last but not least. When we came back from Bible Study this evening, here was Mom, unloading the dishwasher and talking to my brother on the phone. The image just made me laugh, with Eli on the counter, so I quickly grabbed the camera and snapped. Very sweet of mom to help in the kitchen! I boycotted chores today, being my birthday and all. :) Oh, wondering what was in my box with the red bow? Doug got me a gift certificate to a local spa place for a massage, spa pedicure, and some kind of aeromatherapy steam thing. Don't know what that is, but I'm sure it will be great. Can't wait to use it! Also got the Pioneer Woman's cookbook, that looks really fun! All in all, not a bad way to turn 38!

2 comments:

  1. That was such a gorgeous picture of you and Eli, Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for all the new pictures! looks like you had a great birthday weekend. i didn't forget to get you a card. it's been stamped and in my car for a few days now. happy birthday cheryl!

    ReplyDelete