Monday, February 1, 2010

Pics for day 32 - a sock, a bathtub, and a Bible

Today was a regular 'ol Monday at the Graves' house. In the morning, I do have a new routine - I have committed to having my Quiet Time before getting on the computer. Usually after I have fed the baby and come downstairs, and baby is content on his mat, I jump on the computer for my social connection time. Doug and I started the Bible Study Master Life, and were both convicted of the need to have a regular, consistant quiet time with the Lord. Seems like the best time for me to have some uninterrupted moments is that window of time in the morning when E has a full belly and is content to entertain himself for a little bit. I was convicted that I have been putting time on the computer, cleaning house, doing laundry, etc. as more of a priority than growing in my relationship with God! It feels good to be putting priorities back in order. So, after quiet time, I was on the computer, with E in his bumbo seat on the table next to me. He has discovered his feet, and loves to hold on to them, and pull off his socks when he can. Apparently today's socks were very pull-off-able. Here's the sequence:
Look, I've got a good grip on this white thing on my foot.


Wow, it moves! What is under this white thing?


Hi mommy, why are you laughing?


Victory! I got it off! Look there's my foot!

Not sure how many other people besides the Mommy will find the removal of the sock as funny, but that's ok. So, my last topic for today is the bathtub. Seems like there is really good light in our master bathroom, with the big window beside the garden tub. I thought, what the heck, let's put baby in the tub and see how those pictures come out. I put a towel down and my new striped material and went to town. Light was definitely pretty good, but the bad thing is, you can't get many different angles when your child is in a tub!! Here are just a couple from today that I liked.


I liked how I got him holding my fingers. I see him holding my fingers everyday, so I love that I finally got an actual picture of this.


I love how his eyelashes look in this one! His skin looked so funky though, so I put a soft focus on the picture, trying to "smooth" it out. Just on a side note - I didn't realize baby eyelashes would grow once he was out of the womb. I have watched his eyelashes grow from little stubs to this pretty length. Kind of cool.


Here's the same picture with desaturated color. Can't decide if I really love it or not. Kind of different.
There were more pics from today but now I'm tired and don't feel like going through them to pick out any more favorites! There were a few more with expressions that I liked. So, off to bed I go - thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment