Sunday, February 21, 2010

52 - a man who cooks

I am very lucky to have married a man who likes to cook. It's not that I hate to cook or anything- I'm ok with it - but I can't say I LOVE it. I don't enjoy browsing through cookbooks just to browse, and it's taken me a long time to like anything on the food network, and that's only because I watch it with Doug sometimes. I'm more of an HGTV fan. Now that I am at home in the evenings, I am making dinner now (Doug used to make dinner since he got home from work before me). So, I am having to look at recipes a lot more and do more planning, and I am enjoying it, and trying to branch out a little. I tend to stick in my safety zone a lot. So all this to say, whenever Doug has a moment he can make a meal, he enjoys it. This morning, I was all about putting our instant oatmeal in the microwave, but Doug had something to say about that! He used oats, peeled pieces of apple, sugar and cinnamon to make our oatmeal instead. It was really tasty! I am glad he challenges me to think outside the box and try things. Even simple things like oatmeal!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment