Saturday, February 20, 2010

51 - A girl and her goat (and pig)

A church friend's daughter is a senior in high school and is in the FFA this year; she has raised a goat and a pig, for whatever it is the FFA kids raise animals for. I know they participate in a competition, can go to auction - and we don't like to discuss what happens after that - so I guess that's it. Anyway. She and her mom wanted pictures of her with the animals, as part of her "senior" pictures. So we went out today to the barn - it was really fun! I found myself quite fascinated with this FFA thing, since I didn't know much about that in high school. I didn't know goats will go straight back into their own pens completely independently, and that pigs are very curious and will come up to investigate people. I couldn't choose just one picture (that's nothing new) to post, so am posting a few favorites from today:

Audrey and Gatsby the Goat






Greedy goat neighbor trying to get in on the alfalfa action.


Random cat.


Here comes Pippen the Pig!


Pigs are sooo not into posing. I especially like how Pippen's tongue is hanging out in this picture as she is running! At least I think it's a she. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment