Sunday, February 28, 2010

59 - I love my pics

I can't get this far behind again with printing my pictures! I haven't printed any pictures since December. For a normal person, that might not be so bad, but for my obsessed-with-taking-pictures self, that's awful! 326 pics I am picking up tomorrow. I am overwhelmed at the thought of organizing them all. And of course scrapbooking some for Eli's book. Notice I said "some." I used to scrapbook EVERYthing. I've always known when I had children, I would probably have to adjust my expectations of my scrapbooking and how I organize and display my photos. I am definitely making baby E a traditional, first year scrapbook, with all of his "firsts" in it. Am thinking I will also have a "family" album that is a slide-in album, so not all of those will be "scrapbooked" but at least organized, with journal cards so I know what was going on at the time. I did get for Christmas some new page protectors that allow you to make a 12x12 page, then the next page can hold 4 or 5 pictures that you slide in, or some protectors that allow for 9 or 12 4x4 pictures to slide in- it's a neat system. Kind of the best of both worlds, if you want to scrapbook a page you can, then slide in extra pictures so you don't have to spend a ton of time on all 12x12 layouts. I have made some digital scrapbooks, and I do like those. But I still like my paper and glue, being able to manipulate the pictures and paper and manually cropping them, etc. Adding on brads, and ribbons. I love looking at the final product. So for now, I can't see giving up on scrapbooking, even though I have not done any of Eli's book yet! I have sorted about 2 months of pictures and started on his first pages, but just barely. Whenever I have down time, I usually spend it taking a nap (because E is sleeping), or doing more 'necessary' things like cleaning or laundry or something. The more time passes however, I am more determined to set aside some time and get working on his book. It's just a matter of Doing It! I'm giving myself a pep talk as I type, can you tell?! So after I pick up all 328 pictures tomorrow, I am making it a goal this week to get them sorted and dated. Baby steps.....

1 comment:

  1. i haven't really printed any pictures since 2004...except for the few i've scrapbooked. i've probably taken about 40,000 photos since then. yikes! hopefully one day we'll live close enough that we can scrapbook together again!

    ReplyDelete