Saturday, February 13, 2010

44: testing...123 testing....


It's pretty neat how the Lord has provided ways for me to make a little extra money these days. Doug and I definitely wanted me to be able to stay home with baby E at least his first year, and financially we know we can do that, but are not sure of the long-term. Anyway, I received an opportunity to be a test examiner for a company to help revise a standardized speech and language development test. I've actually done this one time before, so they have my name in their database I suppose. I administer the test to "average" children and mail the raw data back to the testing company, where they use the information to develop updated norms for the test. I get compensated for each child that I test, although they do have criteria for the types of children I need to recruit. It's nice that I can do the testing as it fits in my schedule. And, it's nice to have a little taste of my former professional life; even though I just stopped "working" last August, it feels like a lifetime ago!

1 comment:

  1. yay for this opportunity! unfortunately you won't be able to test my kids since they are so far above average! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete