Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday Adventure

Been feeling restless lately, so this morning decided last minute that Eli and I would go to the Butterfly museum. I guess it wasn't totally spontaneous, as last night I checked the site to see what time they open - I was playing with the idea of going, but didn't want to commit. Could've invited friends, but really just felt like taking off, so off we went!

I suppose when E is older he will enjoy the museum more - this trip, he was equally fascinated with stomping in water puddles as he was looking at the butterflies. I thought I might be able to get some neat shots as we walked around the Japanese Tea Garden, but he just really wanted to push his stroller by himself, so there went my photo ops. That's what I get for going alone on our adventure!

I love that I caught this one in motion!


Mmmmm grubby kitchen sponge snack.

I really need to get the kid some rain boots! It's so humid and wet inside the butterfly rain forest.


Kind of looks like he's been caught in a UFO spotlight.


I *think* this butterfly was alive. Not totally sure. Had to snap quick since the butterfly police lady was hot on our heels making sure we didn't go off the path.

This is how we spent 90% of our tour of the Tea Garden.

Aren't these beautiful??? I want a cherry tree.


Watching the zoo train go by.

3 comments:

  1. i have a plum tree in my back yard that will be in bloom soon! i love the pics of your day; makes me want to be there. that little man is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the special little trips that Reagan and I do together! Looks like you two had fun too! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun!! Sorry we missed you! Got some GREAT pictures. Where is the Butterfly Museum? Might take the girls sometime!! They LOVE butterflies!

    ReplyDelete