Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Is it a Boy Thing or what?

The past couple of days have been a little stressful with Mr. E at grandma's house. Mom is home from rehab (from her knee surgery) so I've been over at her house helping out, and of course Eli has to come for part of the time (Daddy rescues us in the evenings and takes him home). Hanging out with grandma is fine - it's her non-toddler-proofed house that makes visiting a little challenging with Count Curious running around.

On the way to grandma's this morning he had spilled milk in his car seat, and then spilled even more when we ran an errand to Walmart (looks like I would have not given him the same sippy cup doesn't it but oh well), so I managed to get the whole car seat cover off and into the washing machine. (Which is impressive since usually I just swipe at spills in the car seat and hope they don't stink too bad). So, E had just eaten, was terrorizing mom's breakable, antique teacups, needing his nap, so I let him go outside with me as I put his CLEAN cover on his seat, getting us ready to go home. Did I mention it had rained some that morning? As I finish getting the cover on, I hear giggling from the other side of the car. And splashing noises.

Guess who found a big 'ol mud puddle.

I just had to laugh. It was a nice release to just laugh, since I'd been so busy with re-doing mom's bathroom (that post to come soon!), helping her get settled back at home, feeling stressed with Eli running around her house opening cabinets and carrying around containers of dish washing liquid - I needed a good laugh. Since he was already muddy, I just went back inside, got the camera, and took a few shots. Had to make sure I stripped him down to his diaper and somewhat dry tshirt for the ride home in his newly cleaned car seat, but that was ok.





So, is this just a Boy Thing, stomping in the mud? Or do toddler girls do it too???!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I had to laugh at this!! oh, I am glad he stomped in that puddle! probably was a good laugh and just what you needed! And yes, for the record, girls definitely like stomping in mud or any puddle they see, usually with their church clothes on! I think kids just love to be messy! Rest well, tonight, my friend!

    ReplyDelete