Friday, March 25, 2011

Eli's first big disappointment

I took pictures this morning of my friend's little girl out at a park that has a lake. Mr. E came along; I brought one of his balls along to play with while I took pictures. Sure enough, he rolled the ball into the lake. I was able to retrieve it the first time, but not the second time! As it floated away, his whining became more incessant, and quickly turned to crying and pointing at the ball as it floated farther and farther away! I felt so bad for him, but, I also had a job to do with taking pictures, so after attempts to comfort him, I had to ignore him and keep shooting away. Luckily my friend tried to comfort him while at the same time trying to get her little girl to smile and look my way. Even after we moved away from that area, you could tell he was still a little put out that he did not have his ball.

He wouldn't even get out of the wagon for a while. Check out that look while he looks at his book.

Flash back now to before the ball incident: while waiting for our friend to get there, I set up the table and chairs were going to use for a prop. After I set out the cups (china cups I got at Katy Christian Ministries for like a dollar), Eli came running over and immediately sat down. I had to snap some pics of him trying out the tea party set up! (although, sure would be cute if I had a teapot too! gotta keep my eye out for an old cheap one!)


I like how he is double fisting it in this one!!

This scene turned out real cute with my friend's little girl. Will post some of those on my samples facebook page!

And, guess we'll get a new ball next time we go to HEB or something. It's hard watching your child be so disappointed and not being able to do anything about it. I know that is not the first time that will happen - down the road there will be more hurt feelings, lost objects, lost friends. At least this time, I can replace that ball....being a mamma is hard!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment