Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pic 19 - and God spoke


One year ago today, the doctor's office confirmed I was pregnant. Three home tests and two blood draws later, I finally believed it! It's a long story, but we had basically been trying for two years to get pregnant; the fertility doctor had said it wasn't impossible for us to conceive, but really unlikely to get pregnant on our own. We had two failed IUI procedures (Intra-uterine Insemination), one in July and one in September, 2008. I really wanted a break from all of the medicines, and emotional rollercoaster that goes with these procedures, so we thought we'd re-visit fertility stuff in January 0f 2009, maybe even look at adoption. We went ahead and planned our vacation to Italy, a country we had always wanted to visit; we thought, we keep talking about going there before having kids, so, let's just do it! So in December we got our trip all planned (and paid for!) to go in February. It was time for my yearly visit to the gyno in January, and I felt like I had a cyst or something; I knew they would ask, are you pregnant?, so I thought I would rule it out by taking a home test the night before my appointment. I still remember my shock at seeing the positive sign. I took the test out to Doug, who was sitting at the table, working on the computer. I showed it to him in disbelief, and he said, "take it again!" So thus started our new journey! I'm glad we had already planned and booked our trip, because I don't know that we would have gone through with it had I known I was pregnant. God really knew what He was doing! I really like how my OB put it; I was telling her our story, saying something like, "and we didn't even think we could get pregnant! and then..." She cut me off, filling in the rest of the thought saying, "and God spoke." Those words frequently floated through my mind during the pregnancy - "and God spoke." So. Very. True. We are so thankful and truly blessed that God spoke and brought Eli into our lives, our true little angel!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post! What a blessing God has given you in Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he definitely has been a blessing to everyone he is around. the world is a much cuter place because of eli!

    ReplyDelete