Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pic 16 - W is for Walk




Since Shutterfly is giving me a free 8x8 book, I'm going to make E an "ABC" book, using pictures from the first four months of his life. You know, like, "A" is for "Aunt" and I'll have pictures of his Aunt Laura(s), "B" is going to be for "Bath time," things like that. Decided "W" would be for "Walk." I have always loved taking walks, growing up I used to walk our neighborhood all the time. Walked the "Bear Trail" during the college years, during single adult days used to take Shelby out to the bike trails of Hershey Park without her leash, had a great path I walked when I lived in the Woodlands. During his first 8 weeks, when the baby would be fussy and we were trying to extend the time between feedings, we would walk him around the lake in the stroller. There have been many times during these past months that I have just been craving to be outside, no matter the weather, and have taken baby E on a walk. At least today there was sunshine when we went! Tried to make my picture for today show the sidewalk around the lake; have to admit, I could have been more creative with my picture, but that's how it goes today. I am so used to saying to the dogs, "wanna go for a walk?" and watching them become giddy with delight at that word "walk." Kind of disappointed E doesn't give me the same response when I tell him we're going on a walk! When he gets a little older I think he will really enjoy being outside and seeing all the interesting things on our walks, like the ducks, turtles, squirrels, that kind of thing. If the big dog was better behaved on her leash, I would bring the dogs with us, but Maggie is a pain to walk. So today's picture is all about taking a walk, the best stress reliever in the world!

1 comment: