Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day and such

Valentine's day with kids is much more fun to me than pre-kids. I guess I spent so many years being single, that V-day was just another day. Nowadays, I love getting a card from my husband, a treat or two (chocolate is always welcome), but I don't like making a big deal out of it. And yes, I like to pick out a card and treat for him too. With the kids though - it was fun this year to have Eli help with making valentines for the family, taking pictures on our own Valentine shoot, participating in little parties....you'll see from the pictures!

The best picture I could get of them together. It was late in the afternoon, which is great for light, but not great for toddlers. Eli is in that stage where he will pose and say the dreaded "cheeeeeese" for about a second. But, the garland looks cute! I got those felt hearts at Target's Christmas clearance sale (they were originally ornaments) for 30 cents for a pack of three. Hot glued those suckers together for the garlands. Armed with a hot glue gun I am invincible!

Experimenting with sunlight in this one.

Thought maybe I could get some more natural smiles/looks if I got him to play within the garland. Didn't really get what I had in mind.

Now this picture - I love it. I hate taking pictures of the baby in that darn bumbo seat, but she can't sit up yet. I propped her against the tree, and had to shoot super quick as she kept falling over! I know I needed more light on her face, but I still just love the late sun coming from behind the tree and just the glimpse of the hearts, along with her great "pose" and adorable little self.

Got him to play on the tree trunk and was able to get a few more 'natural' looking pictures.

Another favorite of mine - love love love the sunset light, and baby on daddy's shoulder.

Gave in and said, "here, go run with this." Got some fun shots!


Now here we are at home, making Valentine cards for the first time. Eli really liked punching out the hearts and gluing.



Valentine outfit number 2 - love this dress, came from our hand-me-down bag from our sweet little neighbor.

Parents were actually able to come to Eli's school party. He made this lovely little door hanger thing.

Putting valentine cards in his friends' bags.

Only picture I got of him at our mom's group valentine party! I even had him wear a "nice" shirt so I could get a picture of E and A together....sadly there are just not that many cute outfits for boys. If he wears a shirt with buttons and/or a collar, I consider that "nice."

Valentine outfit number 3 - this was a gift from a friend. Goes nicely with her beautiful smile, and pink sequin shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment