Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Little Cook-er

So, lately Eli has been wanting to help out in the kitchen. It's pretty cute to hear him say, "I help?" Well, not so cute when mommy is trying a new recipe and rushing around the kitchen. But most of the time it's cute. He even has his own apron. This past fall I went to a cooking expo downtown, and bought myself a cute apron at one of the booths, and couldn't resist getting him a child's apron (it's camo). This was before Analise, so, she doesn't have one yet. I didn't even know he knew what an apron was, but one of his favorite episodes of Calliou is about cooking. So really, this blog post could also be called, "how letting your child watch endless episodes of Calliou really does teach him something so don't feel too guilty about it." He will pull his apron off the hook on the pantry door and want to wear it. I love that he is interested in helping in the kitchen, so am working on making sure I can include him sometimes.

Yesterday morning, I pulled out a boxed muffin mix that was perfect for a little helper. He pulled out his apron, and I set him on the edge of the kitchen island - it was kinda easier than having him stand on a stool or chair.

Getting ready to rock and roll! I didn't get a picture of him putting in the dry mix from the bag, that took all of our hands so no free hand to take a picture.

Pouring in the water...

Pouring in the oil...

Stirring...(I cracked the eggs and put them in a bowl so he could pour them into the big bowl, but again, it was all hands on deck so no picture of that one)

Dumping in the blueberries...

Adding the streusel topping...

Tasting the batter...not as good as brownie batter!

Yummy hot out of the oven!

Getting to eat the fruits of our labor!

Where was Ms. A all this time? Playing contentedly on her activity mat. Soon it will be her turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment