Sunday, February 26, 2012

a couple of field trips

Last week, I convinced my mom to join us on a spur of the moment trip to the Museum of Natural Science. There has been a Civil Rights exhibit going on for a little while, and the actual Emancipation Proclamation was going to be on display for just a few days. So, we loaded up the kids and off we went!

I hadn't been to the museum for a looong time. In my memory, there were more things for a little kiddo to see and do. What happened to all of the dinosaurs??? One of the workers told me that there used to be more (so I DID remember something correctly), and that when the museum expands (at some point), there will be a football field-length room full of dinosaurs. Oh, and a toddler area. For a city our size, I think there should be all of that and then some! Anyway.

Even though there were (literally) 17 school buses outside of the museum, equaling to about eleventy-thousand school kids checking out the exhibit, we were able to see most of it. Having an African American daughter now made the images we saw hit home even more for me. I am so glad the nation has come so far in the area of racism - we have more to go, but, we've come a long way.

I'm also including a few pictures from our zoo trip with our dear friend Stacey and her super sweet daughters. Analise has had some nice new adventures lately!


Love this picture with grandma.



At the zoo!

Stacey dancing to the drums. I'm sure she is SO glad I posted this one on my blog.




carousel ride

comparing handprint to a monkey's

Stacey and and her sweet girls loving on Analise!

She loves looking out and around - but she's getting heavy for me in this carrier! I think I need to work out more....

No comments:

Post a Comment