Wednesday, May 26, 2010

They're coming back!

After the few freezes we had this winter, I wasn't sure my plumbago plants would come back. I cut them down to sticks in March, and have just left them alone, watching. Green leaves have been growing, and today.......

I saw blooms!!!!


And more to come, see those buds?


At first I wondered if it was just weeds growing back, or the actual plant. I am so pleased it's the actual plant!! Something I thought was probably dead, really wasn't. It just needed pruning. Oh, how I can relate to that thought in so many areas of my life! Being the semi-gardener that I am, I can now see why Jesus chose to use vine illustrations all of the time (well, that was the main thing the people of that time related to as well, but still.)


I am so encouraged by these little flowers. Pruning doesn't feel good when it's happening in our lives, but look at the result, if we are just patient!

1 comment:

  1. love all the latest posts! The flower picts are beautiful! And the cocoons are really cool1

    Take care, friend!

    ReplyDelete