Sunday, May 16, 2010

Birthday candles

We celebrated my sister's birthday this past weekend at my mom's house. Mom had pulled out these little wooden, animal candle holders that she used to put on our cakes when we were children. I had totally forgotten about those!
Aren't they cute? I love that my mom has kept them all these years.


We put them on Laura's cake, but the candles were too big to fit in the holes. And, I don't mean that we tried to put that big "four" and "three" in the candle holders. Mom had the regular, slender individual candles, but they were just a tad too big. {Side note - since everything else over the years in America has expanded (the size of coke bottles, portions at restaurants, etc., does that mean even our birthday candles have gotten fatter?!)}

I am really looking forward to starting birthday traditions with baby E. Not sure just yet what those traditions will be, but we'll think of something. We have until September ya know.


Speaking of E - blog post wouldn't be complete without a pic of the baby - I think I am just as entertained watching Eli play with paper as he is entertained BY the paper....

No comments:

Post a Comment