Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Motley Crew

We have been able to harvest three tomatoes from the garden so far! This is very exciting in my little world. I find it odd though, that after we put the netting on the garden, SOMETHING still managed to take a bite out of one of them......
Check out the dude at the top. I guess it could have been bugs of some sort that made that big hole, but it looks like a big 'ol bite to me. Pretty sure it was a bird that made that hole in the one to the left, in the front.

As you can see, that did not keep us from eating them! Tasted delicious. There are plenty of more green ones on the vine, so guess those will come along in due time. Sad news about the squash - the leaves are getting this white powder on them. Doug wants to buy something to put on them to keep it from happening, but don't know when we'll get to that. There are still a lot of yellow flowers on the squash plants, so maybe all is not lost if we act quickly enough. The eggplant (that I mistakenly called a pepper in an earlier post) doesn't look that great either, but hey, we tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment