Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy First Dad's Day

I am so proud of Doug in his daddy-hood. He has done a great job with Eli. Doesn't mind changing diapers, bathes and puts him to bed so I can go to they gym, gets on the floor and plays with him, holds his hand while we pray at dinner. Eli just loves him. During those first few months, E only had eyes for Mommy, being that Mommy was his source of food and all. It's been fun to watch him over the months become more and more aware of his Daddy, and get all excited when he sees him. E babbles with 'da da da' a lot these days, and I really think he is now associating those sounds with Doug. Just yesterday, I set E down on the floor and stepped into the other room, as Doug was coming up the stairs behind me. As soon as I heard Doug enter the room, E immediately burst into his "da da da's." I have to admit, I'm kinda jealous! I rarely get the "muh muh's" but do ocassionally. E and I went to the ceramics place last week and made Doug a special coffee mug with one of E's handprints and one footprint. It seems so easy but really it's hard getting that little active foot and hand to spread out and quickly stamp on the mug, before it smears everywhere. But we got some good ones. Here's our father's day photos:
Checking out the cards.

Look right here, Daddy....

So you like it?

My favorite boys.



I know MY dad would have been so proud of Eli, I wish he could meet him. I know he will one day. I often ask God to tell Dad "hi" while I'm praying. Miss and love you, Dad!

1 comment:

  1. sweet entry and what you said about your dad totally made me cry. he would be so proud of you as a mom cheryl.

    ReplyDelete