Monday, June 7, 2010

The Butterfly Progression Continues...

Last Thursday, Mom mentioned there was a third chrysalis on the plant next to the Butterfly Plant, so of course I needed to take its picture. This chrysalis was farther along than our original two - the outer casing had turned clear, and you could see the butterfly inside.
Isn't it beautiful?!


This is one of the orginals - not faring so well.


This is the third chrysalis, picture taken yesterday (Sunday). If you look closely, you can see the clear outer coating has torn a little. As mom and I walked up the driveway Sunday afternoon, a buttefly fluttered past us, I kid you not. I totally believe it was the one that USED to be contained below:

This is one of our "original" butterflies. Don't know if he really got out (and flew past us!), did "something" swipe him off the side of the pot (as in, did he get eaten by a bird or something?), did he just fall off dead...I choose to believe he came out and was the very butterfly we saw moments earlier. 'Cause I like happy endings. Mom is still on butterfly watch on the third chrysalis. Doug says we should get ourselves our own butterfly plant, I think he's right! I am fascinated by this process!

No comments:

Post a Comment