Friday, June 18, 2010

Squashy kind of day

Well, unfortunately it's time to say goodbye to the squash plant.

But, getting rid of it did make room for this little guy to pop out. I hadn't even seen him, he was covered by the non-producing squash plants. I don't know if he was ready or not to come off the vine, but I accidently made it fall off as I adjusted the bird block over the tomatoes. Sooo.......

...little jalepeno had an opportunity to make a photo shoot.

and again.

Here's Maggie, afraid the camera will steal her soul so she can't look at it.

And now here she is, in all her drooly glory.

I just have to blog about the series of strange events that happened today. None of which I could photograph, and looking at someone's blog is really all about the pictures (well, for me anyway. Ok, I take that back. I like to read blogs even without pictures.) So here goes. I drop off two pairs of pants at the alterations place to get repaired. The worker man was extremely conscientious, as soon as I walked in, he hurried over, taking the baby carrier from me, and even offered me something to drink! As I was leaving, he went in the back and came out with a piece of cake on a napkin for me! It was all very nice - but kind of strange. Maybe he was bored and grateful for the company I provided for all of 5 minutes. Later on, I went up to a local church with some gals from my church to load up their VBS decorations that we can use for our VBS in July. A lot of Baptist churches will use the same themed material, and pass the materials around, really helps to cut down costs. I casually chatted with a couple of the ladies (VBS workers from that church that were cleaning up), and one offered to let me use her materials from her room. However, she said a few times that she is a teacher and uses these in her classroom during the year. She had to leave, but asked for my number and said she would let me borrow her stuff. Ummm Ok. I mean, it's totally sweet of her to offer to let me borrow her personal stuff, but she doesn't know me from Adam, and I'm not all that clear what all it is she is offering. She does indeed call me a little later, and I end up going by her house, where she explains the meaning behind some of the items she created and used, etc. (She's an Art Teacher). As I was leaving, she said she could "read people" and just trusted me right away with these items. Kicker is, I couldn't understand her when she said her name, so I don't know her NAME. I was too embarrassed to keep asking her. I'm not sure we will use all that she offered, but it was really sweet, and somewhat odd, totally out of the blue. I do know that I will treat them with utmost respect and make sure nothing gets ruined!! So, by now it's Friday evening, and Doug and I like to go out to eat on Friday's. E is cranky, he didn't nap ALL DAY, but we decided to try it anyway. We chose the restaurant based upon the coupon we had on hand. At the end of the meal, E grabs a glass and spills water (very COLD water I might add) down my left leg and partly in his diaper bag; in the process of trying to mop it up, I spill my entire diet coke on my right leg. This is all going on at the end of the meal, as we are saying hi to an old friend we happened to see in the restaurant. Doug pays the bill and as we walk out, I say, "oh the coupon!" which of course we forgot to use. I was a little too distracted with all the cold liquid on my body! And Then, on the way home, we hear this really icky song on the radio, with the word "disco stick" in it, I don't even want to know what the pop girl was referring to, both Doug and I couldn't help but laugh (and be thankful that E doesn't understand all that much language yet). Whew. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment