Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter and Such


Feels great to be back on the blog! I am so off my game though with my Picture a Day. Going out of town and not having the computer until yesterday has totally thrown me off. So, I figured I would post pictures from Easter weekend, when we were visiting Doug's Grandmother in Arkansas. I haven't taken any pictures since we've been back actually. Since the virus on my computer messed up pictures from November 2009 through March 2010, I feel a little gun-shy about downloading pictures!! The computer is fixed, have new anti-virus software, everything should be fine - but I'm still leery. Anywho, I have picked out some favorites from the weekend to share. So here we go!


Taking a break on our long drive to North East Arkansas.


Great Meme (Doug's grandmother) loving on Eli.


Everyone in Meme's neighborhood had tulips! Tulips are not that popular in our area. Weather in this part of the country must be good for tulips.


I promise no photo-shopping in this picture! (haven't re-installed software since I got the computer back). Isn't it cool how the background looks like a painting?! Just used a small F-stop.


The ladies at Meme's church decorate a cross with real flowers every year on Easter weekend. Last year we were able to help; this year they decorated on Friday.


Figured I only have so many years to take pictures of my son in FLOWERS, so made sure to get him in the tulips!

 

Had an Awesome Mom moment Easter morning. Eli fell asleep on me for his morning nap - 20 minutes before we needed to leave for church. We waited until the last minute to wake him up; the other family members had already gone on to church. We woke him up and put him in his car seat and off we went. Off we went, without a bib (hence 50% of his shirt being wet), no socks or shoes (we were planning on wearing shoes today to complete our Easter outfit!), and no diaper bag (thankfully he did not have any kind of blow-out at church). We did have some toys in the car we were able to bring in to help entertain him during the hour service. He did fabulous during church though, even singing along during hymns! Such a contented baby. Took this picture right after church.

Checking out his Easter basket. Actually, the only thing in it is that fake Easter grass. Easter bunny brought him a toy that was in the house.

Can't wait until he's old enough to understand the true meaning of Easter! We look forward to teaching him about Christ's death and resurrection. I'm thinking that in the future, the Easter bunny will make sure to turn this side of the basket out on Easter morning (the crosses say, "He is Risen").

No comments:

Post a Comment