Friday, October 1, 2010

Fun Find from today

Today was our Fall Antiquing Day! Twice a year, we go out to the fields in Warrenton, Texas at the big "antique-a-palooza" and have the best time. I went on and on about it in a post back in March, so won't go on and on about it now. The weather today was awesome, company was awesome - and we found this really fun banana box! When I first saw it, I thought, that would be GREAT for a photo prop for Eli and his monkey costume. Then the more I looked at the box, the more I began really just liking it in general. It's in excellent condition, very sturdy, has a lot of character, useful - it spoke to me. That's how it goes when you're out "antiquing" or Treasure Hunting as I prefer to call it. I love decorating my house with items like this, items that mean something to us - my house definitely does not look like I bought the package on the showroom floor! Still not exactly sure where I'm going to put it in the house. Toying with the idea of putting it under the church pew bench, but might use it for Eli's toys for a while out in the den area so we can enjoy it. Can't wait to use it as a photo prop!



No comments:

Post a Comment