Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bye, bye hair!

I thought I was going to tear up today, taking Eli to get his first haircut - but I didn't! I was a little nostalgic, but then as Doug reminded me, it's not like he's Sampson with a God-ordained command to not cut his hair. Eli liked sitting in the nifty police car seat thingy at the kid's hair cut place, but once the lady with the scissors come over, he became a little suspicious something was going to happen. He did squirm and fuss some for her, but overall she was able to trim up his little rag-a-muffin hair into a Big Boy Hairstyle. And of course, mom (and dad) were on hand with the camera to document every step of the big event! And now have some of his little hair in a tiny ziplock to put in the baby book.
A "before" picture; his hair was starting to curl in the back!

Enjoying sitting in the neat police car!

Look at the scraggly hair around his ears.

Hmmm, what is this lady doing to my head?

Mommy stepped in for some distraction. We were clapping hands (and trying to keep him from grabbing at the scissors!)

The "After" look! Just humor me and tell me what a great difference his haircut made! WE can tell a difference.... :)

All evened up in the back now!

This picture loaded out of order. I included it because E's expression is priceless - this look of, "Daddy rescue me! Look what she's doing!" He made it through the whole hair cut though, just like the big boy he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment