Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just Today

The day started out fine and normal; sitting on the couch with eli, watching PBS, taking his morning nap, then off to take pictures of a friend's baby, then lunch with daddy, afternoon nap.....somewhere towards the end of the late afternoon, mommy's nerves began to fray. That awful, checking the clock feeling, waiting for "daddy" to get home and give mom the repreive set in. Doug gets home, we all (including the dogs) go for a short walk, but upon returning home, I was still feeling the need for some downtime. I made sure E had his dinner, then went upstairs for a shower and to do my bible study homework. What is it about moms needing to take a shower for some alone time??? I guess it's one of the very few places you can be alone; even on the potty these days, I have a visitor! Ok, so that was probably gross and all, but yep I said it. Reality ain't always pretty. So anyway, I take a shower, and actually make it kind of cold, finding that refreshing. Then as I was on the bed, reading over my Bible study book, in bounds Maggie, her stomach and legs drenched in mud. There are muddy paw prints and droplets now in the middle of the bedroom, and upon further investigation, on every stair, the wood floors, round carpet in the dining room, and all over the kitchen. Doug is sitting in the den with E, and says he didn't notice she was muddy when he let her in. He started work on cleaning up mud on the stairs, I took her outside and actually hosed her off. There went my "down time." I was so frustrated! Cleaned our bedroom, the wood floors, the kitchen floor; then went ahead and washed all the dishes (did I mention the dishwasher is still broken?!), and mopped the kitchen. Then back upstairs to take ANOTHER shower. And just felt like crying! Doug took care of E with his bath and bedtime. After my second shower, though, we sat downstairs and watched our dvr'd episodes of some new shows. So I guess all's well that ends well, that kind of thing - whatever. At least I'm really clean. Here are a few pictures (straight out of the camera, by the way) of Mr. E from today; while waiting on our friend to get to the park, I snapped a few of Eli. He's so cute.... :)


Look how the wind is blowing that hair! I think we're getting it cut this weekend. He's beginning to look scraggly.

Yep, that's how we crawl.

Nice way to end the day, seeing pics of my sweetheart! Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment