Thursday, September 9, 2010

He's ONE

A year ago today, I was in the hospital, holding my brand new baby boy. I can't really say "time flew," to be honest. It seems like he's always been a part of our lives, and his birth day feels like so long ago! So many changes in the past year...it's overwhelming to me to think about it all. This little boy has changed our lives in so many ways, changed ME in so many ways, my relationships and how I think about things...I totally "get it" now, how having a child really does mean you are watching your heart walk around outside your body.

So, on to Mr. Eli. At today's doctor visit, he weighed 21 lbs, and measured 30 inches tall. We are weaned off the bottle and onto whole milk. He still loves peas and cheese, and actually eats quite a variety of foods. He loves his cars and anything with wheels, will push them all over the house. Loves to put items "in" other items, and will set objects on his truck and push them around. Says "mamamama" a lot, pretty sure he knows it means Mama, sometimes we hear "hi," and "dada." Sometimes uses his whole arm to wave hi or bye. Pulls to stand all the time, and sometimes we catch him standing by himself....but no steps yet. Loves his dogs. Loves to put things in their water bowl. Loves his bath and splashing around. Makes a lot of noises. Loves going on walks. Loves hugging his mom (and dad!) Smiles easily at familiar and unfamiliar folks. Isn't overly fond of naps or the concept of "sleeping in." Tries to either give kisses by putting his whole mouth on the side of my face, or is imitating giving a zerbert.

We did take some pictures today, these are a few of my favorites so far, haven't had time to play with them into collages or anything but will probably do that one of these days. Had to take his picture on the pew bench with the boots and hat that were in his birth announcement. He was extremely tired by that point in the day, but cooperated- I might have to try again when he's feeling fresher. So here you go, enjoy the pictures!
(already critiquing myself on my sepia tones down there, I'll have to play with those to make them better, but will do for now I suppose! consider it a preview)
















1 comment:

  1. These are FANTASTIC pictures, Cheryl! Really, really good. And your little man is the best!! Can't believe he is one! He is blessed to have you and Doug as parents. Ya'll are "salt of the earth" kinda folks. I love it. Happy Bday, Eli!

    ReplyDelete