Monday, August 9, 2010

11 months

My baby is 11 months old today. Sooooo close to the big milestone of "one year!" Wanted to record a few things while they are fresh on my mind.
-just yesterday, he imitated my exclamation of "oh no!" as the bubble bottle rolled down the driveway. He didn't say the words "oh no," but totally made his own exclamation and threw his hands up. I was delighted.

-at dinner tonight, he initiated his own way of signing "all done." I show him the sign for "all done!" a few times a day, and every once in a while he apears to be trying to imitate it, sometimes with just one hand. At dinner, Doug casually mentioned, "I think he's done," and lo and behold there he was in his feeding seat, waving one arm sideways in his "all done" signing attempt! So very cool.

-he stacked blocks today! I stack up blocks for him all the time, but today was the first time I have seen him deliberately balance a block on top of another block.

-he waved "bye" to the Walmart cashier, and to his grandma today, using a whole arm movement! I've been waiting for him to wave "bye" for what feels like forever!

-still pulling up on everything, and at times sits up on one knee, but doesn't stand by himself yet.

-loves pulling all his books off of his shelf and flipping through them, on his own.

-discovered that he really likes watching the Nascar cars race.

Here are some pics I took Sun morning - I have used them on his birthday invitation, can't wait for my family members to receive their invites in the mail! I made his invitation in photoshop and am very proud of it. Even though we're just having a family affair, we're still having invitations, balloons, a fun cake - shoot, we may even have a pinata! Well, we'll see. Anyway, on to the pictures....



Ok, this one isn't on his invitation. But it sure is sweet. He sacked out on his daddy.
Once I think everyone has received their invitation in the mail, I'll post his invite here. Don't want to ruin the surprise!

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl, these pics are PRECIOUS!! He is getting so big! Can't believe he will be one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable "little man!" He is getting so big so fast! Cherish him! I know you do.

    ReplyDelete