Sunday, August 29, 2010

Milkweed for Mom

Today, I spent some time out at a friend's pasture, taking some pictures for a project they are working on. I kept seeing these tall white flowers everywhere, and come to find out, they are another version of the Milkweed plant. My mom introduced me to the Milkweed (Butterfly) Plant a few months ago, and I have one in my front yard. However, our plants have tiny, orange/yellow/red-ish type flowers on them. The ones I saw today were white, and so pretty! So, I snapped a few pictures of those and thought I'd surprise my mom by posting them here on the blog. So here you go, Mom!





Apparently THIS is another kind of milkweed as well. I had no idea there were so many variaties. I wonder if all of them attract butterflies.

This is NOT a milkweed (just in case you were confused or something....;) Just had to take this huge grasshopper's picture! right there on the side of the scarecrow's face.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment