Sunday, August 15, 2010

I feel Cheated and Used

Dear Caterpillars - I planted this Milkweed Plant (aka, "butterfly plant") just for YOU. I knew you would enjoy its tasty leaves, and once your bellies were full, you would transform yourselves into perfect chrysalis', hanging contently from the branches. Oh, the pictures I could take of your loveliness! I planned on watching and documenting your transformation, hoping I could catch the moment when you emerge as a gorgeous winged creature, ready to explore the world.

Here you are, munching away....


Here is a tiny, baby caterpillar! See him in the middle?

Can you spot all the caterpillars in this picture? There's three. Answer below.


A week has passed. All the leaves are gone. And SO. ARE. YOU. Dear Caterpillars! What did I do to cause you to leave my plant? Too many pictures, invading your privacy? Where are the beautiful chrysalis', that I know are out there SOMEWHERE? Why did you choose to NOT hang anywhere near my plant? Are you hiding? Did you just use me for FOOD? Don't suppose I'll ever get the answers. Unless I try to google them, which I haven't. I'm still in mourning. Maybe when new leaves grow, I'll get a new batch of more appreciative caterpillars, that will stick around until they are butterflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment