Sunday, August 15, 2010

the invitation

Almost forgot to post Eli's birthday invitation! I made it from scratch, and am quite proud of it. I am starting to get the hang of digital scrapbooking, and I really like it. It takes a lot of time just like regular scrapbooking does, but it's fun (so far, anyway). I am having fun using it for making things like this invitation, have made a few collages for friends, that kind of thing. Even though we're just having a family birthday party, I still made invitations. My friend L has me almost convinced to also have a kiddie party on another day, but I'm not quite decided. Anyway, here it is:


Originally I wanted to make one with 12 pictures, one from every month since September. I started kind of stressing trying to plow through all the pictures, so I ditched that idea, and am just as happy with this one. Only thing I would have done differently is perhaps used a different font. I keep meaning to download more fonts, but then forget until I actually need to use one. This one is fine, but there are soooo many cute fonts out there...there will be more opportunity for fonts!

1 comment: