Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Exploration!

I love to explore new places. I heard about a location that would be good for photographs, in downtown Old Richmond - so of course I had to go check it out. After morning nap and lunch, I loaded up Eli in the car, put the address in the Garmin, and off we went (camera packed as always!). The downtown area really is pretty cute; antique shops, a "real" barbershop, historic old churches - everybody waves to you and lets you cross the street too. I played with my manual focus lens (the one I always moan about being manual focus, because I love it, but always get slightly out of focus pictures!!! On my film camera it worked great, but can only be manual focus on the digital. Sigh.) E wasn't exactly in a smiley mood, but that's ok; I think he enjoyed exploring too, and seeing new things. We were able to be pretty close to a real live train and watch it go by, that was a first for him! Here are a few favorites from the trip:

Not sure what this "tongue in cheek" thing is all about.....but cracks me up just the same.



We took some pictures outside of this old-fashioned barber shop, and the cute little ol' barber came out to see what we were doing. He offered to take our picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment