Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Enchanted Gardens

I heard that this cute little nursery, Enchanted Gardens, had their pumpkin and gourd shipment in, and thought it would be a great place for some fall photos! Called a couple of folks, and ended up meeting my friend Angie with daughter Bella over there. Temperature outside was perfect! Timing for pictures, well, not all that great, as it was in the middle of the day - but I just looked for shade when I could. Mr. E was not in the best of moods, I'm not sure if he was tired, or hungry (he didn't eat much of his lunch), so I rarely got any of his cute smiles out of him. Of course, I didn't let that stop me from snapping away. He's also into crawling away once I set him somewhere - something I guess I'll have to get used to, since walking isn't too far away either. All in all though, I really enjoyed the beautiful weather, and discovering all the neat little pockets of photo opportunity set throughout this nursery. I think Eli was enjoying himself, I hope so - he did take a good nap later on! I chose some favorites to post for today:


They had little vignettes like this set up all over the place.

Yes, I put my child in a rusty old truck for a photo opportunity. It was a really neat little set up. He didn't seem to mind. Couldn't really get the angles and such I was looking for from a photographic point of view, but still it's a cute snapshot.

They had an open space in the back of the truck, just begging for a small child to be placed on it! Again, bright overhead sun doesn't do much for photos, but I wanted this cute picture anyway!

There are a couple of goats and chickens at the nursery too. Had to make sure the chickens didn't think Eli's fingers were some type of snack.

The best smiling picture of the day. I think he looks so grown up when he wears shoes!

At first I thought this was cute, Eli looking at the flowers I was going to buy - but it wasn't so cute once he started pulling the flowers off their stems.

Metal stake I bought for the front yard. I love these metal stakes, I have some for Christmas and Easter too.

Here are the flowers I bought for the front yard. I finally pulled out the spring flowers, I can't believe they stayed alive until now! The spring flowers though were getting quite gangly, and pulled out so very easily, showing me their roots were so shallow - I doubt they would have lasted much longer. I got so used to have color in the front yard though - so hopefully these Fall flowers will last a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment