Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Retreat

This past weekend, I went on a scrapbook retreat at Crier Creek - I've been there 3 years in a row in the past, but had to miss last year since at that time I had a 4 month old baby at home. This time, it wasn't quite the usual group of girls. My sister in law, friend Stacey and friend Lindsay all came for the first time. Old friends Robin and Rita were there (we've all been there together before) and their two friends. Luckily they placed us all together to crop in the same little craft house, so that was awesome! I love being out at Crier Creek - they have horses, tons of land, a lake, nice bunkhouses with porch swings, the food is great - you don't have to clean up after yourself, cook anything, and you get to work on a favorite hobby with fun girlfriends. It was a weekend of just what I in particular needed.

As usual I bring my camera - I didn't take a ton of pictures, but did want to show a few. I never did get a picture of the crop area - I like to see all the mess, showing all the creativity that is going on! I was able to get Eli's first year scrapbook caught up to his first year birthday party in September. I still have a ton of pictures to go in our family album, so that will be focused on next (although it's not going to be as cute of a scrapbook as Eli's, at least the pictures will be SOMEwhere with the story told).

here we go......

Lindsay giving the horse a smooch....

Lindsay telling me to give the horse a smooch, but I was kinda scared to get too close...

Pretty sunlight on the horses.

Get out your sunglasses to view this picture! I wish he would have stayed still so I could have experimented a little more with the sun and his body, but at least got to snap this interesting pic.

This poor minature pony had his hair cut by some kids the previous weekend - I swear it looks like a Dumb and Dumber haircut, or a pony toupee. Poor thing.

Lindsay, me, and Stacey getting ready to go on a trail ride. Laura F was going to come but last minute wasn't able to get over to the barn.

Sweet Stacey and Sassy Lindsay in the background!

I tried to take pictures while on the horse, but whenever I turned around to try to snap a picture, I guess I pulled on the reins funny and my horse would move funky, so I never could get a decent picture of my friends behind me. Except this one, I love it even though it's all crooked - I like putting it in black and white, used a photoshop action to make the black and white more contrast-y. Lindsay took a ton of pictures, I am scared to think of how many invlove my backside on a horse.

Loved the shadow of the rider and horse. And since I was facing forward, could aim a little better!

All in all, it was a great weekend; I was able to complete 31 pages for Eli's book, and emotionally was able to sort though some feelings and such.

Can't wait to go again!

1 comment:

  1. love the post! Love the pictures, and love the memories we made. It was such a great weekend. And yes, it was perfect timing for you, my friend! Praying for you!!

    BTW, I need to send you my photos from the weekend. Haven't downloaded them yet! Love, Stace

    ReplyDelete