Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reindeer plate

Last year, when E was only 3 months old, I took him to the ceramics place and we put his handprint on two ornaments (one for me, one for his grandma) and his footprints on a plate for his Meme. It was hard getting his little hands to un-fist for the prints! But we managed. I thought it would be fun to try again this year. Since I'm already done Christmas shopping, this ceramic craft was just for us to have at the house. I've made pre-school crafts for years during therapy sessions, so couldn't wait to try one of my favorites with Eli. I kept him in his stroller, and managed to get a foot print and both hand prints to make a reindeer! Our friend Jaime with daughter Adi came along with us too. Adi painted her own ornament (she's a little older than E). In these pictures, Eli doesn't look too happy - but I promise I was not torturing my child, he just fussed a little when the paint first got on him but then he was fine. here are the pics!



I know, I know, he looks so upset! But in reality it wasn't that bad! (and he wasn't that comfortable as I stretched out so I could take a pic with the other hand either)

The end result! Can't wait to see it fired and glazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment