Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Not right. Not right at all.

So, husband Doug is a manager and has 8 people on his team. I think it's nice for him to give them a little "something" around Christmas-time, just something simple - like, one year, we gave everyone $5 gift cards to Starbucks in a little mug. That kind of thing. Last year I bought treat boxes after Christmas on sale, knowing we would use those this year. I thought I would make those slice and back cookies, the peanut butter kind with a hershy's kiss in the middle - you know the ones, right? - but Target was out of peanut butter dough. And, I was at Target, determined not to go anywhere else, I am so sick of running errands everyday, so, had to make another choice. Bought sugar cookie dough and figured I would put minature reese's peanut butter cups in them. Brilliant, right? Well, am I the only one out there that can mess up SLICE AND BAKE COOKIES????

Look at these! Totally flat, with smushed out reese's. Not appealing at all! You might think, well, they will taste good, right, and that's all that matters?

See exhibit A on the lower right. A half eaten cookie by me. Rare is it that I only eat half a cookie, so you know it did not taste that good at all!

Since I am on a roll, thought I would point out my other little Cheryl-ism that happens when I cook. That upper left "oops" was a blob of leftover dough that I smushed on the corner, that spilled over the corner and started burning on the burner in the oven, making a rather unpleasant odor, therefore causing me to take the cookies out of the oven a little early, further ensuring they were not.going.to.taste.or.look.good.

Sigh.

At least I was able to set the white balance on my camera ok in manual mode, something I hardly ever get right, so that's one positive thing! Good thing Doug planned on stopping by the store and getting ingredients for making gingerbread cookies and is making those himself tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment