Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bowl Bust

The Baylor Bears actually were invited to a BOWL GAME this year! We bought tickets with Doug's sister and family, and off we went last night to the game, since it was here in Houston. In the beginning, it was all so exciting - the theme of "Rise Up" for the BU team, the band playing, the cheering - but then reality set in as they began to play. They played awful! Yeah, there were some bad calls - but, we also fumbled the ball, missed two touchdown opportunities - sigh. I'm not even that big of a football fan! I just like to watch games when I have some connection to the team that is playing. They played Illinois, I have never heard of this school and know nothing about them. Except, they beat our team and they were not always classy about it. But anyway. I did take some pictures, so, thought I would post them!

Brother in law Mike and nephew Aaron before the game.


Sister in law Laura and family. Laura went to Baylor.

"Paws" raised for That Good 'Ol Baylor Line



The best part of the evening (besides our two touchdowns) was seeing the Illinois and Baylor bands come together to play "Texas, Our Texas." I really really like that Illinois had to play a Texas song!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment