Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shaving like Daddy

Many times in the morning, Eli will wake up before Doug leaves for work, so, Doug will take him in the bathroom and keep an eye on him while he gets ready and I get about 20 minutes more of sleep. There have been several times E has smelled like shaving cream, and I always wondered why. I think finally I got to actually see Eli "shave" with Daddy on a Sunday morning- it's the cutest thing ever. When Doug is putting shaving cream on his own face, Eli always seems fascinated, so Doug started putting shaving cream on E's face too. What is surprising to us is how E will just leave it there, and wait for Doug to "shave" him, using his finger to swoop off the shaving cream. At Doug's parents' house this past weekend, I was able to actually take a few pictures of this special little tradition they have going (since at home, I'm usually still in bed, or not awake enough to go get my camera, and Doug is in his underwear so it's really not that good of a photo moment). I always feel like I have to add this disclaimer when the pictures are somewhat out of focus - used that manual focus lens again so I could get more light!




I think it is so neat and incredibly special that Doug just thought to do this one day with him! Doug continues to make my heart melt.

1 comment:

  1. how precious!! I love it! and I love E's bright eyes! What a good-looking, sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete