Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day at the Pool

When I was growing up, when you went to the swimming pool, there was a small round pool that was the "baby pool," and then a large pool, with diving boards on one end. If you were lucky, there was a slide. Even when I worked at a daycare during college years, the pool we would go to in the summer was like that. Well, not anymore! I'm really glad pools are much more fun nowadays. We have some great local pools in our neighborhood. My sister in law and the kids came over to swim, and we headed to my favorite local pool. It was closed! Have no idea why. So, we went over to the Water Park pool, which really was better for the older kids anyway, since it has four neat slides and a waterfall. There is a splash pad with spouts of water shooting up everywhere, and all kinds of water things spraying water everywhere. At first Eli seemed to be having a good time, but then became rather clingy and kind of cranky. Since I had another adult with me, I brought the camera to get a few pool pics. Didn't get too many of Mr. Cranky Pants, but did get some fun ones of my niece and nephew!

Aaron helping eli into the water. Sorry Aaron for cutting off your head in this picture....

He LOOKS like he was enjoying himself, at least in this moment!

I love the look of joy on Rachel's face as she exits the waterslide!

Can you spot the flying limbs in all the splashing as she comes off the slide?

Yep, that's me! They let adults on the slides too, so Laura and I took turns. I haven't been on a slide in a million years. Reminded me of the times we used to go to the Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels with my high school youth group, we went every summer for a day.

Aaron finally decided to give it a try.

Aaron liked the big triangle water holders that fill up and dump water out. I asked him to go one more time so I could get a picture. Couldn't back up far enough to get the triangle bucket in the picture. But here he is waiting, then getting splashed, and jumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment