Monday, August 8, 2011

the Aquarium

Sometimes I feel like our family - my little family of three - is kind of....well, boring. So when some friends suggested we go for dinner at the downtown Aquarium restaurant, I was all about it. We hardly ever do anything downtown, even though I like to go to events and such. We ate dinner at the over-priced, not that good of food restaurant, then walked around outside. They really have a neat set up down there. If we had more time, I would have liked to have seen more of the actual aquarium exhibits. We did ride the ferris wheel and the train, and those were both really fun. It was nice to get out of our little bubble and do something different on a hot summer evening!

Mikal and Doug, fathers extraordinaire....with two toddlers that had just woken up.

Hello little fishy! Aquarium in the restaurant.

Yay, a picture of all three of us!


On the ferris wheel! I thought I would be more freaked out to ride it, but it was great.

Downtown with setting sun, taken during the ferris wheel ride.

Pretty girls!

Waiting in line for our train ride.

This is a true excitement expression, Eli was thrilled when he saw the train come around the corner.

Freaky, right?! The train stops for a few minutes in a tunnel with an aquarium all around it. So you get to see sharks and other big fish (or all different kinds of sharks) swim on the sides and OVER the top. I think their mouths are the creepiest thing.

I love how all this amusement park stuff is right next to downtown and the skyline.

As we were walking to our car to go home, I spotted the reflection on this car and snapped a quick pic. I didn't realize you could see me in the reflection too! I thought it looked so neat. I made sure I didn't get the license plate in the picture, didn't want to look like too much of a stalker. Would have been cool if this had been OUR car!

No comments:

Post a Comment