Saturday, February 16, 2013

Spring a Little Early

Since the weather has been cool and sunny, it's been a great time to be outdoors. I organized our shelves in the garage the other day and found two bags of birdseed. After nap time, I thought the kids would enjoy filling our rusted out old birdfeeder. I was surprised Eli remembered how he had painted a little wooden one about a month or so ago (one of those random "ok I'll buy this for you at hobby lobby because it's only $2 and will keep you quiet/busy" purchases). So he found that one too that we could put birdseed in.

whoops, a little spillage. Hard to pour from those bags.

I love all the pastel colors though.


Wish I had a better shot of A's hair. This is the first time I was able to make as many parts and was quite proud of myself. Guess that topic should be in another post. Whatever, it's my blog.

Ok, I thought I was soooo clever in thinking of how to help Eli pour the birdseed into his little house. I cut a hole in the bottom of a paper cup and taped it over the birdhouse hole, so the cup could act as a funnel. Brilliant, right? I could just see hundreds of pinners pinning this on Pinterest, quoting, "Genius! paper cup as a funnel! great idea!"

So, here he is pouring away...while mommy watches, taking pictures....

...and then this. Oops. Maybe he needed a little more help controling the bag. Never mind, pinterest.


Heeeyy, pretty girl!

Don't you love how the sun is glinting off her little puff of hair that came loose from the ponytail??

Our two birdhouses/feeder. Maybe they are too close to the house, but so far the birds have avoided them. Or maybe they just need to get used to them. Either way, it was a fun way to spend some time outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment