Saturday, February 16, 2013

Back to Blogging - all because of Playdough

Well hello there! I can't believe I haven't blogged anything since last April. Well, I can actually. Adding on a second child really did rock out world for quite a bit. I've really missed writing out my thoughts, and capturing moments that I don't want to forget. Yeah, yeah, I scrapbook - but usually months after the picture was taken. What I've always liked about blogging is that I post and write about pictures and memories while they are still fresh.

My friend Beth recently shared her blog, and reading it reminded me of how much I liked (and still like) writing about my family, sharing our activities and my thoughts. And, I do want to print out this blog for the kidlets to read one day. Much easier to write it down NOW then to wait for the next time I scrapbook. I also have missed reading other blogs - I used to faithfully read all of the blogs I follow, but, well, my priorities have shifted in recent months. Since I'll be getting back into the blog and seeing my blogroll up close more frequently, maybe I will start catching up on reading blogs too!

So, yesterday as Eli and I sat playing playdough, I thought, I need to remember this. Even though it feels like he will be a pre-schooler forever, he won't. I am always reminded by friends, "this time goes so quickly!" So while Analise was taking a nap, I sat with him at the table and we played playdough. I am amazed at his imagination, and how his language is exploding now that he is 3. It's like so much is happening in his little body and brain, all at the same time. Learning to ride his new bike with training wheels, writing his name, asking "why" questions - all that good stuff. Which is also, by the way, I think the reason he is more whiny and prone to meltdowns - all these new skills are exhausting and overwhelming, I'm sure. Anyway, on to playdough....

Don't you love our multi-colored track? Complete with a bridge (playdoug can). And a plastic gas pump.
 

Eli is really into the "stop" and "go" concept. So, here is our "stop sign."

Making wheels for his truck. I love that he was able to roll the playdough into little balls.
I hardly ever go to garage sales, mainly because they aren't allowed in my neighborhood. We were able to go to my cousin's garage sale (to raise money for her kid's team to go somewhere) and I was delighted to find two large ziploc bags full of cookie cutters. Perfect for playdough.

Mommy's truck needed a little more decoration.

Adding some buttons - and random holes - to our gingerbread man. Or "Christmas boy" as Eli called him.

Oh no, the giant boy is coming to our track!
 
We played on, and I took pictures - until Eli said, "mommy, I want you to put the camera down."
So I did. :)
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment