Thursday, February 28, 2013

Laundry Room Mini Makeover

Guess I've got the "it's almost spring, time to clean out" bug, because I just couldn't stand my disorganized laundry room for one more minute. I had seen a few blog posts, thanks to pinterest, on how some folks had organized a smaller laundry space, and felt inspired - so, here you go!

The "before" pictures are really embarrassing by the way- oh well, no secrets around here I guess!

The three best things the laundry room had going for it - the wall color (I love it), my cool vintage aprons as curtains, and the artwork. Don't you just love the "I don't know what to do with this pile" shoved against the wall?

I started clearing off the shelf before taking a picture. So usually there's not stuff on top of the washer.

Lovely way to store the chargers for the weedeaters.

Pulled all of this junk off the big shelf. I had no idea I had four different floor cleaners.


Mid-sorting process, after baskets were purchased.

Ta-Da!!!


We added a second shelf, to help get stuff off the floor - the large utility tote is holding cake decorating supplies. Some of the other items on the floor were trashed, put in the garage, etc.

I LOVE my little owl jar thingy that I bought to hold loose change found in pockets.

Kind of artsy pic of my cleaners!
I bought .79 cent wood plaques at Michael's, painted them with chalkboard paint, glued scrapbook ribbon on them, and tied them to the baskets. Mainly to look cute. I love them.


And the last piece, a new rug - it's microfiber chenile, and feels awesome. It's a light yellow color.
Going in the laundry room now makes me happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment