Sunday, March 11, 2012

Planting

I've been itching to get some new plants planted in the front yard - but not quite ready to do it ALL just yet. We picked up a few plants to put in our big flower pot in front of the garage, and some for a smaller container near the front porch. I thought E would enjoy getting involved in the planting process - afterall, dirt is involved!

Of course Ms. A was there to supervise the process.

Putting in the dirt. I have to say, I was proud of myself that I remembered to put a hole in the bottom of this red metal container. I got this at a garage sale a while back, and always wanted to plant something in it but it's just been sitting on the front porch!

To be honest, Eli really didn't want to mess with the plant. I kind of "encouraged" him because I wanted a picture of the sequence of planting! He would much rather just dig up dirt!


Finished product in the front yard. E actually picked out these flowers at the Home Depot, so hope they enjoy their spot in the yard (not sure what kind of sun they need!).

Eli really enjoyed pouring dirt ON the flowers.

Yay Mommy, more dirt!

I decided to plant these three plants together - I love vine-y type flowers, and combinations of flowers - so am hoping these three get along just fine in the flower pot!

Ended our planting time with blowing bubbles - or attempting to - got one of those spill proof tumblers,and not all that impressed. Or maybe it's the bubble juice. We are picky about our bubbles around here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment