Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Simple Things

In the midst of all my busy-ness of my new part-time jobs (selling 31 products and taking pictures), I still have to make time to be a mom. As I took on this direct sales thing, and as my season of photo taking took off, I realized I truly am now a "working" mom. Thankfully I do not have to deal with daycare (or pay for it!) and have a supportive husband as I host parties and traipse off to take pictures on the weekends. During the day, I am having to learn to balance time working on the new "jobs," and spending time with my little guy. As we sit and play, or take walks, I have learned to squelch those feelings of "I need to be working on ____!" and simply enjoy being with my baby. I have even managed to bring the camera along at times to take pictures and document how he is learning and growing, as I attempt to capture all the "little things" and small moments.
Playing with a paintbrush he snatched from the kitchen table. Too bad he's not really cleaning the grout.

Taking our almost daily walk to the mailbox. Which, takes a looong time as we walk up neighbors' driveways, stomp on the water main covers, throw pinecones, etc.

Love to play with sticks in the sand at the playground.

Watching buses and cars go by.

Discovering acorns!

Playing on our "new" (to us, anyway) play set in the backyard.

Lovin' the slide.

Spotting this cool bird in the tree in the backyard.

C'mon, Lucy, don't you want your toy?

Rummaging through the junk drawer, finding just what he was looking for (I guess), and placing those batteries on the back on his truck and taking them for a ride.

Enjoying looking at one of his favorite books, of pictures of his favorite things right now - vehicles.

Ahhhh, the sweet life.

1 comment: