Monday, July 18, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring....well, not pouring...just getting wet....

WHEN will this drought end?! I don't ever remember going this long without some good 'ol rain. Every once in a while we'll get a little bit of rain, but not enough to really make much of a difference. I've been wanting it to rain at least a little bit so Eli could try out his "new" umbrella. A couple of months ago, we were visiting my mom, and went to visit a neighbor down the street. Renee has lived on the street as long as my mom has (43 years!), so we've known her a looooong time. She randomly gave us her son's umbrella from when he was little. Renee is from Germany, so she was proud to tell us how this umbrella is a well made, German umbrella. It really IS well made, you can't even tell that it's probably close to 40 years old! She said her son didn't want it (what is it with males not being sentimental about things??? Eli sure better be sentimental about these scrapbooks I make him! He WILL, I tell you, he WILL...) So, back to a recent summer day. It actually drizzled outside, just right for walking around in with a little umbrella. At first, Eli didn't understand how to hold the umbrella, but once his little friend came out holding HIS umbrella, Eli caught on. Of course I had to run in and get the camera! So, enjoy the pictures....




What I like about this picture is seeing the little feet sticking out from under the umbrella....

This is my favorite picture. Might need to enlarge this and stick in a frame somewhere in the house....Isn't it funny about photography and "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I'm sure this is not a favorite of most people looking at these pictures, but there's something about it I just really like.....

No comments:

Post a Comment